Achievement complete - level 1 unlocked
My first hole has been finished - 100 m - done
Onto the next.
It has been so cold, and windy - but we got it done. It took the best part of 2 days, and over 80 runs, but we got ourselves over the line. The drill is a delicate soul who needs constant attention and lots of maintenance, but when you think about it, drilling a hole 100 meters into ice is pretty impressive. nice job drill.
We also decided to do some practice on tower rescue, so I am exhausted.
A storm is coming, so an early start tomorrow to lower the drill tent and then we wait for the wind to subside and move onto the third and final hole for this station.
Anna, one of the project principal investigators is visiting Summit, and has rewarded our efforts with some excellent Japanese whisky.
I have lots of video I can show people once I am back.
Super cool. Very proud of you James!
ReplyDelete